With temperatures reaching -6 in the UK this week, it’s safe to say I won’t be leaving the confines of my cosy house anytime soon. Instead I’ve got the perfect way to add a bit of colour to this gloomy February day. ‘Beat the beast from the east’ with this hearty curry, perfect for a cosy night in front of Netflix.
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry…
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 glove of garlic (diced)
- 1 sweet potato (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp. of curry paste
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 mug of hot water
- 1 small tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsps. of sultanas
How to cook it:
- Add the oil to a saucepan on medium heat. Once the oil has heated up add the onion, garlic and sweet potato to the pan.
- Once the garlic, onion and sweet potato begins to soften, add 1 tablespoon of curry paste and mix all together for about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Then, add the chopped tomatoes, hot water, (crumbled) stock cube, sultanas and chickpeas and stir it all together until it is evenly mixed.
- Leave to simmer for approximately 20 – 25 minutes, until the curry thickens up.
- Add the curry to whatever you wish to serve it with, (see suggested servings), and put the rest in a container for later in the week!
I personally love mine with brown rice and spinach, but this dish goes perfectly with so much things. Maybe a jacket potato? or even a salad. It’s even yummy by itself for quick healthy lunch!